Challenge: Increase Franchise Attendance
Snelling, one of the largest franchise staffing agencies in the U.S., wanted to introduce their new executive management team and celebrate the company’s 65th anniversary at their upcoming annual conference. The event was also an opportunity to reinforce the company’s competitive strengths and prepare for growth opportunities in the rebounding economy.
The challenge was to increase franchisee attendance after declining event participation in the last two to three years. The recently appointed Marketing and Communications Lead knew she needed the right event management agency on board to ensure their goals were achieved. She turned to GoGather to help bring the executive team’s vision to life.
- Created a strong partnership bond early that instilled confidence and ensured a well-organized, enjoyable collaboration throughout the event planning and implementation process
- Applied event expertise to enhance the internal team’s plan and served as an ideas resource
- Applied strategic meetings management process to manage event plans, logistics and budget and provide entire events team with real-time access to all details
- Developed registration website promotion that created advance “buzz” to stimulate attendance
- Added special touches throughout conference to personalize participant experiences
- Upgraded the awards event with custom songs for each honoree, spotlights, and the 65th anniversary logo projected on a/v screens and recreated on desserts
- Featured sponsors in strategically placed displays and on-site signage
- Recommended affordable, fun branded promotional items from water bottles to pens
- Exceeded previous year’s attendance, reversing multi-year decline
- Received only compliments and zero complaints on participants’ event survey
- Exceeded expectations while meeting all project deadlines and staying within budget
- Delivered conference experience that built immediate excitement about next year’s event
- Received executive team’s enthusiastic endorsement with post-event decision to use GoGather for next year’s conference