Time to give your incentive trip a refresh? Consider traveling to a new place.
Our team has compiled our top incentive travel destinations to host your trip in 2024, from cosmopolitan cities to outdoor havens. Whether you're looking for an adventure outdoors, a cultural immersion, or just a relaxing spa week, we've got you covered.
And as you think through your incentive travel programs, make sure you're selecting a destination that fits your guests' preferences. Are they more of an outdoorsy, adventurous group? Or do they like to lounge on the beach with a drink in hand? Carefully select locations that accommodate those preferences.
1. Mallorca, Spain
Perhaps our favorite incentive travel destination, Mallorca is a dreamy island off the eastern coast of Spain known for its gorgeous beaches, crystal clear waters, and warm climate. The island has a unique mix of mountains, beaches, medieval architecture, and food that makes it particularly great for groups.
What to do in Mallorca
Mallorca offers a wide range of cultural, adventure, and culinary experiences, so it's never hard to find something to do.
From cooking classes to art classes, onsite activities are numerous:
- Olive oil or wine tastings: Mallorca is well-known for its olive vineyards, providing guests with a unique opportunity to try some of the world's best olive oils and wines
- Flamenco dance lessons: Take part in local culture with dance lessons that come to you
- Mosaic-making classes: Mallorcan mosaics are a beautiful part of the culture, and your guests can make their own with onsite classes
There are also plenty of activities to partake in outside your hotel, and we highly encourage you to get your team out to explore.
- Bike riding: Enjoy the natural beauty of Mallorca while getting your heart rate up
- Guided cultural tours in Palma: The city of Palma offers incredible architectural and cultural tours for those looking to learn more about the island
- Catamaran sailing: Take advantage of the pristine blue waters surrounding Mallorca on a luxury Catamaran
Where to Stay in Mallorca
We love the Cap Vermell Grand Hotel Mallorca, nestled in the hills on the east side of the island. It's a truly breathtaking property for your incentive travel group.
2. Florence, Italy
If you're looking for a metropolitan experience with endless cultural activities and the countryside not too far away, look no further. Florence is your ideal incentive travel destination.
Florence offers logistical advantages that several other locations on this list may not. The city is close to airports, making airport transfers quicker, and most activities can be accessed on foot, reducing the need for bus transportation.
Florence is also a mecca of historical sites, incredible food, and awe-inspiring art. Our groups always love visiting this city, and we can't blame them.
What to do in Florence
Florence offers a wide range of activities that can be done onsite or offsite. We like to lean into the culinary and cultural aspects of this location with the activities we arrange.
- Cooking classes: Take advantage of the incredible culinary experiences that Italy offers by teaching your attendees how to make delicious cuisines from the region.
- Art classes: Draw inspiration from the city or from the surrounding countryside by offering painting classes. Poppies, sunflowers, or the Ponte Vecchio can all be incredible paintings.
- Wine and cheese tastings: It wouldn't be Florence without a few sips of wine. Have your attendees try local flavors and pair them with cheese from the region.
Walk the city of Florence or travel to the countryside for memorable offsite activities.
- High-end museums & world-famous theaters: Embrace the history of Florence with trips to one of many museums or theaters in the area.
- City tours: Whether in small groups or individually, have your teams take tours around the city to see the world-famous architecture and art. Or hop on a Vespa to take a tour Italian-style.
- Winery tours: Visit the Tuscany region to tour beautiful wineries and leave just a little tipsy.
Where to Stay in Florence
Stay close to the city and access everything Florence has to offer by staying at the Four Seasons Hotel Firenze. Just a 15-minute walk from the heart of Florence, the Four Seasons offers luxury while offering easy access to the city.
3. Lisbon, Portugal
Portugal historically has been a hidden gem among the more-traveled European cities, but its appeal is becoming more well-known. Despite that, it's a beautiful city where you can get high value for your dollar to treat your incentive winners.
What to do in Portugal
Portugal offers many of the same appeals as Mallorca, with its location on the Mediterranean, rich history, and outdoor activities for all levels.
- Food & wine tasting: Portugal also has a fantastic wine scene, which guests can enjoy onsite with wine pairing and tasting.
- Tile painting: Azulejos are a form of painted ceramic tiles that are found throughout Portugal, often adorning the facades of buildings, churches, and palaces. Have your guests paint some of these beautiful tiles as a keepsake.
- Fado performances: Fado is a traditional Portuguese style of music that is known for its soulful melodies and expressive lyrics. Treat your guests to this cultural experience at your resort.
Take advantage of the rich historical and culture of Lisbon with several offsite activities.
- Museum & castle tours: Lisbon offers beautiful historical and architectural excursions. Spend a day touring the Pena Palace or one of the many museums.
- Open-air markets: Explore some local artistry at an open-air market. Let your attendees wander around and find treasures to take home.
- Sailing tours: Lisbon also has the advantage of being a coastal city, giving your guests the opportunity to enjoy a sailing day on the water.
Where to stay in Lisbon
When booking your trip to Lisbon, we recommend staying at the Four Seasons Hotel Ritz Lisbon. The hotel's prime location allows guests to easily explore Lisbon's many cultural attractions, including museums, historic landmarks, and vibrant neighborhoods.
What should you consider when choosing your incentive trip location? We've got you covered. Our guide to choosing the best incentive travel destination will walk you through everything you need to consider.
4. Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Costa Rica will always be one of our favorite incentive destinations for outdoorsy and adventurous groups. The country is brimming with adventure opportunities, from ziplining to snorkeling.
Costa Rica also focuses heavily on environmental protection, which means that groups looking for green-friendly trips and opportunities for environmental CSR activities will love Costa Rica.
What to do in Costa Rica
For this article, we're focusing on the Guanacaste region of Costa Rica, located in the northwest portion of the country and including towns like Tamarindo.
We highly recommend getting offsite and exploring all that Costa Rica has to offer. However, many of the resorts also offer great activities to do just steps outside your hotel room.
Take advantage of the proximity to the beach with several onsite activities.
- CSR activities: Host a beach cleanup, help with turtle hatching, and more. There are plenty of ways to get involved and give back to nature.
- Relaxation sessions: Partake in beach yoga, hit some balls on the golf course, or relax in the spa.
- Surfing lessons: Get out on the waves and discover why Costa Rica is a go-to for surfers around the world.
Explore all the incredible outdoor activities that make Costa Rica a top destination.
- Nature & wildlife tours: Escape the bustle of life by taking a nature tour of Costa Rica's jungles.
- Ziplining: Always a favorite activity, there are several opportunities to zipline through Costa Rica's varied geography
- River rafting: Take an adventurous trip down the river in guided river rafting tours
Where to stay in Costa Rica
In the Guanacaste region, we recommend the Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo or the Andaz Costa Rica Resort At Peninsula Papagayo. Both offer incredible luxury just steps to the beach in the Peninsula Papagayo area of Costa Rica.
View a full itinerary for an incentive trip to Costa Rica, including recommendations on activities, food, gifts, and packing.
5. Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Cabo San Lucas is a classic incentive travel destination for corporate groups from the United States. Offering a wide range of luxury properties, excellent year-round weather, and plenty of water activities, Cabo is an excellent option for your next incentive trip.
We've hosted several incentive programs in Cabo and these are our suggestions for traveling to the region.
Also to consider: Playa del Carmen or Riveria Maya.
What to do in Cabo
If you're looking to be outside in the sun and enjoying warm weather, Cabo offers a ton of activities perfect for your guests.
With incredible resorts and beaches to enjoy, our clients often will want to spend an ample amount of time on property. Here are some activities to bring onsite.
- Tacos & tequila (or other food and beverage tasting): Taste some of the best food and tequila the region has to offer. Do a high-end farm-to-table tasting, or let your guests get their hands dirty with a cooking class.
- Sugar skull painting: Always a favorite of our guests, sugar skull painting offers a creative outlet while learning about local traditions.
- Dancing classes: Learn local dances with an onsite class.
Cabo offers unique landscapes, adventure and culture to explore outside your resort.
- Private yacht to El Arco rock formation: The iconic rock in Cabo is a crowd favorite. Plus, treat your guests to a luxury day on the blue waters enjoying amazing food and plenty of sun.
- Other adventure activities: Cabo offers plenty of outdoor adventure activities, from fishing to ziplining, ATVs to snorkeling and diving. Offer a range of options for your guests to choose from.
- Golfing: Cabo offers several luxury golf courses, some right on the water. Get the golf clubs out and start a bit of competition among your teams.
Where to stay in Cabo
Cabo offers a range of incredible properties, making it a great location for teams of all sizes and budgets. One of our favorite locations is the Cape, a Thompson Hotel. With incredible views from the room and close to golf courses and other activities, this hotel is an ideal location for luxury groups.
6. Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico offers a unique Caribbean escape for U.S. citizens without the hassle of going internationally. Puerto Rico is an unincorporated U.S. territory, meaning they use U.S. currency and U.S. citizens traveling there do not need a passport.
It's an easy hop from the mainland United States and offers a wide range of activities and experiences.
Other Caribbean Islands to consider: The Grand Cayman Islands, St. Lucia, or Aguilla.
What to do in Puerto Rico
Similar to Costa Rica and Cabo, Puerto Rico offers a range of outdoor adventure activities, bustling cities, and rich history that make it one of our favorite incentive travel destinations.
Enjoy the pristine nature and beautiful beaches of Puerto Rico right inside your resort.
- Rum tasting: Learn about the history of Puerto Rico rum while sipping on some local flavors.
- Beach activities: Relax on pristine beach or take part in activities such as kayaking, paddleboarding, and snorkeling.
- Nature trails & birdwatching: Explore the incredible scenery right outside your resort with guided nature and wildlife tours.
Explore everything Puerto Rico has to offer, including:
- Nature tours: Tap into your adventurous side with activities like ziplining and hiking the beautiful nature across Puerto Rico.
- Water sports: Located in the Caribbean, Puerto Rico offers access to some of the most beautiful waters in the world. Enjoy a sailing trip or other water sports.
- Historical tours: Learn more about the island by visiting Old San Juan and other historical landmarks.
Where to stay in Puerto Rico
There are a few properties in Puerto Rico that would be excellent for your team. Our clients love the St. Regis Bahia Beach for a nature-filled experience. For those looking to be closer to San Juan, the Fairmont el San Juan is a great option.
Want to make sure your trip is a success? Check out our comprehensive guide to successful incentive travel.
Located in the Indian Ocean, the Indonesian island of Bali is a tropical paradise for your incentive trip.
Bali's stunning beaches and world-renowned surf breaks provide ample opportunities for relaxation and fun activities, while the island's vibrant arts scene and numerous temples offer insights into Balinese culture and spirituality.
What to do in Bali
Bali offers a wide range of activities for groups, from white-water rafting and jungle trekking to yoga retreats and traditional Balinese cooking classes.
Bring some of Bali's culture to you with unique onsite experiences you can arrange right at the resort.
- Balinese cooking class: Offer a hands-on cooking class. Guests can learn to prepare traditional Balinese dishes using locally-sourced ingredients.
- Yoga or meditation class: Take a yoga or meditation class overlooking the beautiful Ayung River.
- Balinese art workshop: From painting to woodcarving to batik-making, invite local artisans to teach your guests to make traditional art pieces.
Explore jungles, volcanos, and rivers with adventure tours around Bali.
- Mount Batur hike: Mount Batur is an active volcano in Bali that offers breathtaking views of the sunrise from its summit. Guests can take a guided hike to the top, which takes about two hours.
- Snorkeling or scuba diving: Bali is surrounded by coral reefs that offer amazing opportunities for snorkeling and scuba diving.
- Jungle trekking: Bali's interior is covered in lush jungle, and guests can take a trek through the forest to discover hidden waterfalls, ancient temples, and exotic wildlife.
Where to stay in Bali
We recommend staying at the Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan. Located in the lush, jungle-covered hills above the Ayung River, the resort offers luxurious accommodations, stunning views, and world-class amenities such as a spa, yoga studio, and infinity pool.
8. New Zealand
New Zealand is an incredibly beautiful destination that offers a range of experiences for group incentive travel.
Its stunning natural landscapes are a draw for adventurers and nature lovers alike. The country also has a rich cultural heritage, with strong connections to its Maori roots that can be experienced through traditional dance, music, and food.
New Zealand's world-class accommodation and dining options, as well as its friendly and welcoming locals, make it a comfortable and enjoyable destination for group travel.
What to do in New Zealand
New Zealand is a unique destination for those looking to get outside and experience breathtaking landscapes and adventure.
Bring some of the New Zealand culture onsite with culinary and art classes for your guests.
- Wine Tasting: New Zealand is known for its excellent wines, so you can offer a wine-tasting course with stunning views of New Zealand's natural landscape.
- Art Classes: Take inspiration from both cultural and natural resources by offering art classes. Guests can paint the scenery around them and take home a unique keepsake.
- Yoga and Meditation: Relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery in New Zealand with guided outdoor yoga classes.
With incredible landscapes and vibrant towns, there's plenty to explore offsite.
- Explore the fjords: Take a scenic drive and a cruise of New Zealand's stunning fjords. With waterfalls, towering peaks, and unique wildlife, it will be an experience to remember.
- Maori cultural experience: Visit to a local Maori village and enjoy a traditional hangi feast, learn about Maori customs and traditions, and watch a cultural performance.
- Wine Tour: Central Otago is the wine region home to some of New Zealand's best wineries.
- Skyline Queenstown: Take a gondola ride up to the Skyline complex in Queenstown, where you can enjoy panoramic views of the town and the surrounding mountains. The complex also offers a range of activities, including a luge track, zip line, and stargazing tours.
Where to stay in New Zealand
We recommend staying at the Rees Hotel Queenstown. This elegant hotel is situated on the shores of Lake Wakatipu with beautiful views of the lake and surrounding mountains. The resort is also in a convenient location just a short drive from Queenstown city center, with easy access to nearby attractions and activities.
9. Bora Bora
Bora Bora is a popular spot for corporate incentive travel, renowned for its crystal-clear turquoise waters, sun drenched beaches, and breathtaking coral reefs. It is a perfect destination for group incentive travel due to its combination of natural beauty, luxury resorts, and range of activities available.
The island is also home to Polynesian culture, which visitors can explore through cultural tours, traditional dance performances, and local crafts.
Bora Bora is all about enjoying the sun, relaxing, and taking in the unique scenery.
What to do in Bora Bora
Visitors to Bora Bora can enjoy a range of outdoor adventures, including snorkeling, scuba diving, deep-sea fishing, and kayaking, or simply relax on the beach or by the pool.
With the incredible beauty of Bora Bora, guests don't even need to leave the resort to enjoy a relaxing and incredible experience.
- Beach day: With Bora Bora's pristine beaches and turquoise water, make sure to give your guests ample time to soak up the sun and swim.
- Snorkeling: Many resorts are situated on lagoons that guests can snorkel in. Explore the stunning coral reefs and vibrant marine life up close.
- Cultural experiences: Offer your guests a range of cultural experiences including traditional Polynesian dance performances, handicraft workshops, and cooking classes. Groups can participate in these activities to learn more about the local culture and traditions.
Explore everything the island destination has to offer with tours and outdoor activities.
- Sunset cruise: Bora Bora is famous for its stunning sunsets, and a sunset cruise is a perfect way to experience them.
- Hiking or mountain biking: Get off the beaten path and explore Bali's trails that wind through the island's lush forests and offer stunning views.
- Island tour: Groups can hire a guide to take them on an island tour, which may include stops at historic sites, scenic lookout points, and local villages.
- Jet ski tour: For groups seeking a bit of adventure, a jet ski tour is a thrilling way to explore Bora Bora's lagoon.
Where to stay in Bora Bora
Bring your team to the St. Regis Bora Bora Resort. Situated on a private island in the lagoon of Bora Bora, the resort features overwater bungalows and villas, as well as beachfront villas, all with private pools and direct access to the turquoise waters of the lagoon. It's truly a private oasis for incentive groups.
Hawaii is a classic destination for incentive travel. With several islands to choose from, all with unique topography, incentive quality hotels, and activities, the hardest part about planning an incentive program to Hawaii is picking an island.
- Kauai: Kauai offers tropical adventures with tons of local cultural experiences. Kauai is a smaller island, which means travel times to destinations are shorter and can be managed well.
- The Big Island: The big island also provides many adventurous options, with Volcanoes National Park and several climate zones throughout the island.
- Maui: Maui offers the best of both worlds, with jungle-y drives like the Road to Hana, and drier experiences like Haleakala.
What to do in Hawaii
Each island offers its own unique opportunities for adventure and exploration. These recommendations are more general but can be customized for each island.
- Snorkeling: Take advantage of the beautiful beaches just outside your resort and explore the beautiful marine life, including Hawaii's famous sea turtles, with snorkeling sessions.
- Golfing: Hawaii is home to some of the most iconic golf courses in the world. Grab your clubs and practice your swing at a golf club on or close to your resort.
- Luaus: Bring Hawaiian culture to your group with a luau night that includes music, hula dancing, fire dancing, a feast, and more.
- Spa days: Many Hawaiian resorts offer world-class spas, and your guests can take advantage of beach massages and more.
- Hiking: Hawaii offers countless beautiful hiking locations across all islands, including several national parks. Check out the Napali coast in Kauai, Waihee Ridge trail in Maui, or Mauna Kea Summit in Hawaii.
- Boat ride: Enjoy the incredible ocean around the Hawaiian islands with a sunset boat tour, or take a day trip snorkeling tour.
- Scenic drives: Take in the beauty of each island with guided scenic tours. In Kauai, explore the Napali coast; in Hawaii, take a trip to Volcanoes National Park; and in Maui, set out on the Road to Hana.
- Ziplining and other adventure sports: Zip through the jungles of Hawaii on guided ziplining tours. Or offer other adventure activities like ATVs, horseback riding, surfing lessons and more.
Where to stay in HawaiiWe recommend staying at the Grand Hyatt Kauaʻi Resort and Spa or the 1 Hotel Hanalei Bay if you're traveling to Kauai. On the Big Island, we recommend staying at the Four Seasons Hualalai. On Maui, we love the Montage Kapalua Bay.
11. Whistler, Canada
Now for a mountainous, non-beach option for your incentive trip: Whistler.
The natural beauty of the mountains, lakes, and forests provide a stunning backdrop for your incentive trip, and the variety of activities available makes it the perfect place for team-building and adventure. Additionally, the village itself is pedestrian-friendly, making it easy for corporate groups to explore and connect with each other.
We love this option as an alternative to coastal destinations. We often recommend our clients consider a spot like this on an every-other-year cadence.
What to do in Whistler
Whether you're skiing down the slopes, ziplining through the forests, or relaxing in one of the many luxurious spas, Whistler offers something for everyone.
- Skiing and snowboarding: Many resorts offer convenient skiing right outside your door. If your team is looking for some winter fun, look no further.
- Hike or bike rides: Looking to travel in the summer months? Explore the breathtaking nature around your resort on foot or bike.
- Culinary experiences: Whistler offers a vibrant culinary scene, with lots of locally sourced ingredients. Give your guests a taste of what the area has to offer with a guided cooking class.
We really encourage our clients to get outside in Whistler and take in everything the town has to offer.
- Guided snowshoeing: For those not inclined to ski down a mountain, snowshoeing offers a more relaxed yet still adventurous way to enjoy the outdoors in winter.
- Horseback riding: Take in the scenery on horseback with guided tours around the Whistler mountains.
- Whitewater rafting: Experience the adrenaline rush of whitewater rafting down the rivers near Whistler, with rapids ranging from gentle to heart-pumping.
Where to stay in Whistler
For a 5-star experience in the beautiful mountains of Whistler, look no further than the Four Seasons Resort and Residence Whistler. It offers stunning mountain views and a prime location just minutes from the ski lifts and Whistler Village.
If you've made it to the bottom of this list, you might be asking "Wyoming? Why Wyoming?"
It may not be the obvious choice for an incentive trip, but trust us when we say Wyoming is one of our favorite locales for luxury escapes.
As another non-beach option, Wyoming offers stunning natural resources and ample activities to suit groups of all types and sizes. We love this locale for its ease of travel and everything it offers to adventurous groups.
What to do in Wyoming
From hiking through Yellowstone National Park to whitewater rafting down the Snake River to taking a scenic drive through Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming has countless options for your group.
One option when visiting Wyoming is to select an all-inclusive resort. These locations will have pre-arranged activities that your guests can choose from, making the planning process easier for you.
- Yoga: Enjoy the fresh mountain air with outdoor guided yoga sessions.
- Cattle drives: Experience an iconic activity of Wyoming (a la "Yellowstone") by attending a cattle drive.
- Archery or skeet shooting: Practice your aim with archery or skeet shooting lessons.
Explore the natural beauty of Wyoming with several adventure opportunities.
- Fly fishing: Enjoy a day out on the water and learn new skills with fly fishing lessons.
- Hiking, rock climbing, or mountain biking: No matter how you like to get active, enjoy one of many activities that immerse you in nature, especially the Rocky Mountains.
- Guided tours: See the beauty of Wyoming on guided tours, or step further afoot by visiting several national parks, including Yellowstone, the Grand Tetons, or other natural preserves.
Where to stay in Wyoming
For a luxury, all-inclusive escape into the natural beauty of Wyoming, check out the Brush Creek Ranch. With activities ranging from guided horse riding tours to goat yoga, you'll be able to create the perfect experience for anyone on your trip.
Find Your Next Incentive Trip Destination with GoGather
Need help deciding? Our team can help you strategize the best location for your 2023 and 2024 incentive trips. Let's meet to brainstorm your incentive program.